Hide me now
Under Your wings
Within Your mighty hand
When the oceans rise and thunders roar
I will soar with You above the storm
Father, You are King over the flood
I will be still and know You are God
Musing… on God and what he’s like. These few words give four pictures that fit together to show something God’s character – and how he relates to me…
- A mother bird… caring for and protecting her helpless, flightless chicks under her wings.
- A powerful hand… bringing strength to the feeble and powerless.
- A responsible father… in a loving relationship with his children.
- A reigning king… who has influence in high places; providing for his subjects he’s set apart.
Musing… on the problems that we face… sickness, bereavement, aloneness, impossible choices, apparently unanswerable questions… There’s three pictures of life that’s out of control; forces much greater than me take over, making me feel helpless:
- Rising oceans… I’m struggling to stay afloat; it’s difficult to breathe; I’m worn out and drowning
- Roaring thunder… There’s so much deafening external noise that I can’t hear myself think
- Powerful storm… Dark clouds obscure visibility; wind blows me from side to side; I can’t see where I’m going; I’m freezing and soaked to the skin.
Musing… on my response to life’s trials and troubles? We’re given three ways in which I respond… with God, in my life-situation that’s out of my control:
- I will soar… With my God’s help, seeing his power and love alongside my problems, I can rise above adversity
- I will be still… Rather than panicking, resorting to activity, and trying to fix my problems
- I will know… Resting and trusting I will experience a quiet confidence and reassurance
When I have this clearer picture of God, life’s problems, and my response I can sing:
Find rest, my soul
In Christ alone
Know His power
In quietness and trust
2 thoughts on “Still (Hide Me Now)”
Thanks for sharing this idea..Happy Sunday. Anita
Thanks Anita. Happy May Day to you!